06 June, 2016

Only Oakshottfabrics are CHANEL enough

I am a fan of Kona Cotton they have the most beautiful reds. Cardinal, “Red” Red and Tomato are my favourites and just the right quality of whites too. I love to work with them whenever I use “new” fabrics.  But, for my CHANEL quilt the “simple” cotton was just missing something.
 
I am hording fabrics just like every other quilter, however, what I buy is almost always red , red and white and sometimes plain white if it is a special white fabric. Which means,  I happened to have a fat quarter of Oakshott New-Colourshott White Marble (9131) in my stash of white fabrics. And that was exactly what I wanted for my CHANEL Quilt. A very good quality pure cotton with kind of a “glow” to it without being “chintzy”. Oakshott Fabrics calls it “...a smooth, lustrous finish...” it actually is mercerised Cotton. And as it is regular cotton I still will be able to wash my quilt in the machine because my Chanel Quilt is for cuddling not the catwalk.
Unfortunately, Oakshott fabrics are not readily available in every Quiltshop – at least not in Germany and even on quilt markets at e.g the European Patchwork Meeting only one or two vendors sell it. I found the fantastic shop owner Nina Reingruber from 1001quilt on the Internet .  She has a large range of Oakshott Fabrics and was so kind to even send me little sample swatches of similar colours with my order of whites, black and greys.
Now the fabrics I using are Oakshott New-Colourshott White Marble (9131), New-ColourshottCarmargue (9157) which is an off-white (broken-white) and New-ColourshottBlack (9130). I also have some Oakshott SCANDINAVIA Stockhom (a lighter grey) which I might use as an accent colour.


 
 

 
 

No comments: