17 November, 2013
Work in progress - quilt number two for the quilt group exhibition in 2014.
Instead of starting another "UFO" I went through my stash and "work in progress" stuff. I used red ShweShwe fabric for a quite a few sample blocks e.g. in the course with Edyta Sitar and also for a (unfinished) appliqué project. Now I will put everything together in one quilt adding the houses which are made with a bit of free motion machine embroidery (the house outlines) and machine appliqué (the windows, doors and chimneys) and work from there.... It is a WIP right now and I have to make my mind up how to add "size" to it. Right now it is too small to be used as a bed quilt, but I will get there.