08 July, 2009

Copycat Quilt Block Sampler

4 1/2" blocks of solid red and white fabric, not patterned, no batiks

 

The rules for myself – which I will try to follow as best as I can – are:

The "master" must be a red and white design; can be of any material, style etc. except it must not be from a quilt or an existing quilt block!

Any magazine ad, leaflet or flyer, painting, web layout, sculpture, building etc. will do, as long as it is

  1. red & white

  2. I like it ;-) and

  3. it can be transferred into a quilt block – pieced and/or appliquéd with  a dash of Redwork now and then

Small alterations and layout changes are ok…

 

Block number 1 – DenkDramen

Based on a  flyer from the theater in Frankfurt  "Schauspiel Frankfurt"  from 2006

 

PDF: Block number 1 – DenkDramen

4 comments:

Nat Palaskas said...

That's cool I like your idea and thanks for sharing PDF file. Enjoy

Unknown said...

I love the look of that block and can't wait to see what other designs you find. It is very creative!

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you blogging again.
Jess.

Victoria said...

Fabulous! I love how your brain works!