04 November, 2006

Vintage hand pieced Album Block aka Chimney Sweep Block

Vintage Album Block


This is a vintage block I bought from Jane Lury of Labors of Love at the Carrefour de Patchwork in the Val d’Argent a few years ago. Again, as usual, it was the red&white color combination that made me notice it. But I also really liked the simple and grafic block pattern.

Back in Germany I started to research the pattern a bit and found some very nice quilts on the web pieced with this block pattern.

A beautiful example –

and the one I liked most…guess why… - can be found in an an article on the Quilt History site, which is by the way a great source if you are interested in vintage quilts!

Another example of a beautiful Album Quilt is on the RMSC site

As with quilt projects and me it take ages before I am ready to start. Sometimes I think the research and planning of a project is what I love most about this craft…However, I want to use the vintage block in my quilt and so far I haven’t found “the” idea, yet.

Nevertheless, I keep looking for Album Block Quilts and already marked a few sites with the pattern piecing instructions to be ready to go when I am ready to start…

If you find out more about this block pattern please let me know.....

Hand piecing detail of the Album Block aka Chimney Sweep Block

Album Block Back Piecing Detail

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As with so many of your posts, I end up linking to different sites from it and I always feel as though I've had a quilt tutorial by the time I'm finished. A little like online study courses! Thank you...

Anonymous said...

Your blog is fantastic!!! and so so informative. I love it and will be back regularly to see what wonderful work you are producing next. Thank you.